Monday, July 2, 2012

OMB - Oh my back!

My cries and agony of back pain since last year was caused by a disc slipped in between L4 and L5. It is also called Herniated Lumbar Disc. Lumbar section lies at the end of our back bone, hence why it's called 'L'. As I look at the MRI images, I was amazed at "How in the world it could become like that?"

Just some images that I found on the web on my condition (I couldn't upload my MRI images, files are too hu-u-ge):

See the spot where it spilled over? That's causing the pain.
Even looking at this feels painful.
Ouchie!
Different conditions that may affect you.

All images are taken from Google Images

For the treatment, I have to go for physiotherapy. If pain persists or worsens, I have to do spinal injection. If no improvement... well, let's not think about that for now. Relief that immediate surgery is not an option, yet.

I do strongly advocate to those who have been suffering from any pain, doesn't have to be solely on backpain, please do see a doctor and do a full check-up, not just do an X-ray scan. Yes, it may thins your wallet or bank account but the important thing is to get it diagnosed and seek treatment so you know what not to do to worsens it.

Whatever it is, I am grateful and thankful to Allah for this rezeki. Yes, you read it right. I see this as a rezeki for me to think of Him more, to slow down in life, to do more ibadah and to really take care of myself. 

Positive thinking is always the best medicine to recovering :)

2 comments:

  1. I suffer almost the same condition as you and it's already been almost 2 months since I started Physio. It's a very painful and long process. Challenging too. One thing I needed to share with you is, not to put too much hope that it will all be ok and back to normal. It's almost impossible. All you can do now is take better care of your posture... I am now at the last stage of physio, traction physio and I have one week of assessment before the doctor recommends a surgery. Take good care dear...


    Efis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eff. We old alreadyyyyyy!!! Hahaha. Oh well. No more running around then, must take own sweet time.

    ReplyDelete