Monday, May 28, 2012

Are you a weird freak?

What's you weirdest freaky-deaky?


No. It ain't what you're thinking so bring down your eyebrows. What I meant with freaky-deaky is your habits or obsessions that make you a freak to others but it's actually normal.


Elementary Watson!


Let's look at the definition, shall we?
Habit: an acquired behaviour pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary.


Obsession: the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
- taken from www.dictionary.com


If you've seen Friends, you would know that Monica has the most freak-deaky characters, especially on clealiness, so much that everyone calls her a 'kook'. 


"I am not a kook!"
photo courtesy of Google Images


Examples are like folding socks neatly by rolling the pair, folding the end of a cellotape after you've used it so you know where to pull for the next use, having the need to sleep on one particular side of the bed every single time, etc (you get the point).


Hence, I decided to do this post to prove we are all normal and adorable in our own annoying little way.


So open wide, here are mine.

  • If my bed is next to a wall, I will sleep facing the wall. If it's island, I will conquer the whole bed.
  • When I'm about to fall asleep, I absolutely can't have any parts of my body touching any parts of it, i.e. my palms on my tummy.
  • I insists on having two separate laundry; one for the whites and one for colours.
  • On Sunday mornings, I have my breakfast while reading the gossips pullout without brushing my teeth.
  • I use a strainer for soups that have visible shallots or leaves or spices.
  • So when I cook, I make sure I blend it all smoothly.
  • Am addicted to talcum powder, I make sure to whole body is covered (which explains my white dusty floors).
  • I take nasi lemak without the sambal cos I don't know how to eat the sambal (scared to try, more like it).
  • I use cotton buds on a daily basis, without fail.
  • Everytime P Ramlee's movies are shown, especially the ones when he was chubbier, I laugh like a madwoman and I memorised the lines.
  • I will go berserk (and probably have a heart attack) if a clown comes near me.
  • All my money notes have to be organised according to its amount in my wallet. RM1 notes together, RM5 notes together, RM10 notes together (you get the drift). I simply can't move around if this is not settled.
  • The same goes with my dishes. If you look at my dish rack, I must have the plates together, the mugs together, the cutleries together. There's no such thing as putting them on top of each other and create a Mount Everest out of it. No way.

People can call you weirdo and obsessed but I think it's kinda cute. So what's your freaky-deaky?

Photo courtesy of PsychDigest online


No comments:

Post a Comment