Tuesday, July 31, 2012

♥♥♥ August Romance ♥♥♥

Come August, the Hashim's would celebrate 3 momentous occasions:

  • Yong's Birthday
  • Mak & Ayah's Anniversary
  • Ayah's Birthday

Lately, my mind wanders frequently to mak and, being it's Ramadhan month and all, that longing-ness for her scent and touch keeps growing stronger and stronger.

I have always looked up to my parents everytime I go on dates or look for that potential 'someone'. You see, my parents are the most normal couple on Earth, they fight and they have their differences but it somehow gels together and it's almost impossible to not see them in sync.

My mum never fails to take care of her husband & family, even when she's sick and she can barely move. Yet, you would hear her clammering pots and pans in the kitchen with what's left of her strength.

My dad works hard, day and night, always on the lookout for new projects so that he can be confident when he tells us not to worry about splurging when it comes to food, as long as there's no wastage.

My mum may look strict, especially when she raises one of her eyebrows if she's not happy, and she may be the hated teacher at school because she will make you pay for what wrongs you've done but she never gives up on her students. One of them has become so successful in popiah business back in Ipoh that everytime I drop by, he remembers mak and so thankful to her that she pushed him to chase for success.

My dad has the all-time strictness look, with his beard and his deep growl voice, and though boys may pee in their pants calling up the house and trying to talk to me when he answered the phone, he has the biggest heart any man can have when it comes to humanity and always, always put others first before his needs.

One special trait of ayah that I'm so thankful I've found in him is the enormous care of love. Ayah would really not sleep watching mak sleeps just to make sure she's still breathing. That's why you would find ayah sleeping after Subuh, around 8am, even now that mak is no longer around. I'm thankful that only by calling or reading a text from me saying that I'm not well, bubur McD would arrive with some meds, 100 Plus or other food that I can consume at that time.

Yes, my parents have flaws. We all have flaws. We are all humans. But my parents strive to be the best for themselves and their loved ones. That's what made them awesome, and that's why my doa will forever be for them, until my last breath.

During the umrah trip (mak's last one in  April 2011), ayah was pushing mak in her wheelchair, as usual. This happened few days before she passed, and she said to ayah as they were going uphill, "Ni nanti kat akhirat tayanglah mike tolak teman." translated "They will show and display this in the hereafter, of how you steered my wheelchair for me." Ayah's eyes glistened that at that time she is already talking about hereafter, and as old folks saying that it's usually a sign that they're about to leave the world, she passed away few days after that, slightly before Subuh.

Umrah trip, 2008

Ayah so happy, waving back at us. Couldn't really see mak's face but that was she used to look like, tired.
I stumbled upon this pic in my inbox and I realised that this was before mak was told to do her dialysis. Even then, ayah faithfully brings her in the wheelchair, eventhough ayah's health was not really at its best, he didn't show it to mak and kept on smiling, just to be able to be with her.

To August, you have been a special month for me and you will always be for the Hashim's.

No comments:

Post a Comment